Advising at Warren Wilson College is an active partnership between you and your advisor. You want to be a successful student here and your advisor wants to provide the guidance and encouragement that will enable you to take full advantage of your Wilson experience. Your advisor’s role is to:
- Aid you in your transition to the College.
- Guide you in planning your academic program.
- Facilitate your integration of experiential learning opportunities.
- Assist you in evaluating options and opportunities as you move through you Wilson experience in pursuit of your goals.
In order to take full advantage of this important relationship, you will want to:
- Schedule regular meetings with your advisor.
- Prepare for registration appointments by looking at the courses offered the next semester and making initial selections.
- Staying aware of
There are many resources available to you to help you plan your academic schedule. These can be found on the Moodle course, “Advising.” You will find:
- Major checklists
- General Education checklists
- Courses offered each semester that satisfy the General Education program
- Answers to your questions about registration and courses