Warren Wilson College Catalog 07-08Go to the current College Catalog
International Student Admission
Warren Wilson College has long had a specific commitment to international education, and since the early 1940s has had a sizable international population. An international student seeking admission is required to submit the following information to the Office of Admission:
- Warren Wilson College International Student Application, with the $15 (U.S.) application fee,
- original or notarized copies of secondary school records,
- results of external examinations such as GCE-O and GCE-A,
- results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) A score of 550 or higher is required. (The TOEFL is administered at several test centers around the world. Inquiries and requests for TOEFL application forms should be addressed to TOEFL, Box 899, Princeton, New Jersey 08541, U.S.A. The institution number for Warren Wilson College is 5886.)
- two letters of recommendation,
- a personal essay,
- certification of finances, financial information, and contract proposal (part of the application), and
- verification of income (in U.S. dollars) including
a. a statement from employer verifying parents' employment and salary
b. a copy of last tax statement if self-employed
c. a letter from a bank to verify average balance of past six months in savings and checking accounts.
Financial Aid to International Students
Through the Work Program, Warren Wilson College is able to offer financial assistance to all international students. These students may also be eligible for other financial assistance, including scholarships. More information about financial aid is available from the Office of Admission.