Requirements: 50 credit hours, as distributed below
- The following courses (18 credit hours):
- THR 113 Technical Theatre
- ENG/THR 250 Introduction to Classical Theatre
- ENG/THR 251 Introduction to Modern Theatre
- ENG 341 Shakespeare
- WRI 230 Modern English Grammar
- 12 credit hours from among the following English and Music courses:
- ENG 336 Literature and Culture of the Renaissance
- ENG 344 Literature and Culture of the Restoration and Queen Anne Period
- ENG 129 Religion in Literature
- MUS/THR 280 Opera as Drama
- (other 300-level English period or major authors courses may be substituted in some cases)
- 12 credit hours from any Theatre (THR) course, excluding Performance/Production Practicum courses. In addition, non-theatre courses that also fulfill this requirement include MUS 134 Beginning Voice and WRI 210 Creative Writing: Playwriting.
- 8 credit hours in performance/production practicum (**Note: See sliding scale regarding this requirement below)
- Additional Requirement: At least two semesters on the theatre crew (preferably in junior and senior years).
In their Junior year, Theatre/English Majors may propose a Senior Project to the department; if their proposal is approved, they may register for THR 489 Senior Project.
**Adjustment to Performance/Production Practicum requirement: For each additional semester served on the Theatre Crew, the minimum required number of credit hours is reduced by 2 credit hours: 3 semesters on Theatre Crew results in 6 credit hours of Theatre Practicum required; 4 semesters on Theatre Crew results in 4 credit hours of Theatre Practicum required; etc. Production running crew assignments may also offset the Practicum requirement in certain cases.