Year-End Giving Tips for 2014
There are many ways to give to Warren Wilson College. One benefit of supporting Warren Wilson College is that your gift is tax deductible. Please consult with your tax preparer/adviser with any specific questions regarding your unique situation. As December 31 approaches, here are a few things to keep in mind as you make your final gifts for the current year:
Gifts by Check
- Must be postmarked by December 31 in order to count for the 2014 tax year. Check the pick up time on the mail box to ensure it will get the postmark.
- Make your check payable to “Warren Wilson College” and mail to
Office of Advancement
Warren Wilson College
PO Box 9000 CPO 6376
Asheville, NC 28815-9000
Gifts by Credit Card
- The best credit card option is to give online before 12 midnight Eastern Standard Time on December 31.
- You may also call toll-free to give by phone by 5 PM on Wednesday, December 31 at (866) 992-6957.
- A December 31 postmark applies only to checks. Mailed credit card information must be received and processed by December 31 to count for the 2014 tax year.
Gifts of Stock/Securities
- For transfers of stocks/securities through a brokerage account, please call toll-free (866) 992-6957 for transfer instructions. The gift date is when the stock/security is received by the College’s brokerage account, not when you place your order. Place your order soon and follow up with your broker so your gift is received by December 31 to count for the current tax year.
- For mailed stock securities, please consult with your broker/financial adviser. The second envelope must be received by December 31 to count for the current tax year.
Other Gift Types
- Please call and speak with an Office of Advancement staff member at (866) 992-6957 with any questions regarding other gift types and opportunities.
Thank you for supporting Warren Wilson College! Best wishes for a happy holiday season and a wonderful 2015!