Points of Engagement & Growth (PEG) 1
Description of the Required Components for PEG 1
1) Complete 25 hours of direct community service.
2) Participate in a group reflection
- Facilitated by Service Program Office (SPO) Staff during First Year Seminar class.
- Students absent during the in-class reflection/transfers attend scheduled session.
3) Complete the PEG 1 online survey after you’ve submitted your hours.
Deadline: By second semester of sophomore year. All components must be completed before registration for junior year.
Suggestions for Service Opportunities for PEG 1:
- Service in classes.
- Service with clubs or sports teams.
- Service with residence hall groups.
- Participation in one-time or weekly service activities advertised through SPO weekly student-l email and on the SPO website. See Issue Areas or Calendar.
- Service with a non-profit agency at home or in another location over breaks.
- Service on your own with a partner identified at Sign-Up-To-Serve, through the Agency Directory on the SPO website or through conversation with a member of the SPO Staff or Crew.