ANTC Scholarship

The Asheville Normal and Teachers College, which closed in 1944, had its origins in a Presbyterian missionary school founded in the 1880’s. By the 1920's the ANTC and Associated Schools included the Asheville Farm School, which later became part of Warren Wilson College. The school operated under several names until it became the Asheville Normal in the 1930's. In 1988, the ANTC Alumni Association resolved to fund a scholarship for an outstanding female student from the Appalachian region who was interested in pursuing teaching as a career. In 2001 the eligibility was expanded to include men and education majors from beyond the Appalachian region.