Teaching Without Certification

Consider Getting Your Master’s Degree

If you really want to teach in the public schools, your best bet is to eventually get a Masters degree that includes classroom "practicums" (practice teaching). The Masters of Arts in Teaching (MAT) is designed for students who have a non-education undergraduate degree and want to become certified. Many universities offer an MAT each with their own philosophy and program. You will want to spend some time exploring the different options available to you.