Asheville Area Medical Resources
- Mission/St. Joseph's Hospital Emergency Room: There are two emergency rooms in Asheville which you can utilize. One is at the Memorial Campus of Mission/St. Josephs which is in the red brick building on the west side of Biltmore Avenue. That emergency room is usually very busy with waits up to 6 hours. Then there is the St. Joseph's campus emergency room, in the white hospital on the east side of Biltmore Avenue at its intersection with Victoria Road. The waits there are usually less than two hours. If you are willing to take a drive, Park Ridge Hospital in Arden almost never has a any wait. It is located one exit before the airport exit on Route 26 East. There are signs.
FastMed Urgent Care
is a great option for non-life threatening health related needs if it is after Health Center hours or on the weekend. They are located at 160 Hendersonville Rd and can be reached at (828) 210-2835. We have a good relationship with them and they have a great history of treating our students well.
- Women's Health Services: Free services at Buncombe County Health Department at 40 Coxe Avenue. If you are going for birth control pills, you have to call the clinic ( 828-250-5000) the morning before you want an appointment. You have to call them between the hours of 7:30 am and 8:00 am. They have emergency contraception available to anyone if you arrive at the main lobby of the health department before 4 pm.
- Planned Parenthood has great services plus Saturday and evening hours. Call (828) 252-7928 for information. They are located at 603 Biltmore Avenue. You can also get emergency contraception with Planned Parenthood.
- Free/Sliding Scale Medical Services:
-Three Streams Family Health Center at 1710 Old Haywood Rd. They can be reached at (828) 285-9725
-Asheville Buncombe Community Christian Ministries (ABCCM) located on 155 Livingston Street near the intersection of Livingston and South French Broad. It is up on a hill, not easy to see but it has a big sign. To contact them, please call (828) 259-5339. Call to find out the hours.
- Free STD testing and free treatments are done through the Buncombe County Health Department STD Clinic. To make an appointment, call (828) 250-5000. The Buncombe County Health Department also administers immunizations. For questions or to schedule an appointment call (828) 250-5000.
· Dental Care: Dr. Debra Anders at 3094 US 70, Black Mountain. (828) 669-8781
- Psychiatric care: Pisgah Institute, 158 Zillicoa Street, Asheville. (828) 254-9494