About The Student Health Center
The Health Center is located next to the Pavilion below the Formal Gardens. The building itself is named Murden. We are staffed by one full-time registered nurse, one part-time registered nurse, and the student crew. Medical direction is provided by an MD.
Services we offer:
- Basic healthcare for sickness, injury, questions/concerns, etc.
- Referrals, if needed, to other medical practitioners
- Over-the-counter medications and some prescriptions
- Health Education
- Contraceptives such as condoms, dental dams, and emergency contraception
- Transportation to off-campus health related appointments or to drop off/pick up prescriptions
- STI testing is available, but there is a fee. Free testing is available through the Buncombe County Health Department (we'll take you!)
- Seasonal flu vaccinations