The Best Tea
Here is a time tested recipe for a tea that strengthens one's immune system, settles the stomach, and kicks a cold or flu right in the butt every time. This stimulating tea spreads warmth throughout your body, cooking out any trespassing germs.
Ingredients: (makes one quart)
Ginger root (about a one inch section)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
A few cloves raw garlic (optional)
Honey or Maple syrup (optional)
- The first thing is to get the ginger root to decoct into a tea. This simply means to chop it up into small pieces and simmer it on low heat for fifteen minutes with a cover on. It's beneficial to chop it as small as possible to really release all that spicy ginger juice.
- While the ginger is simmering, squeeze the juice out of the lemon into a quart jar. To do this cut the lemon in half and squeeze as much juice as possible out of each half. It is hard to get all the juice out this way so a fork is usually beneficial to break up the flesh. Just keep jabbing and squeezing it until you can't get anymore.
- The garlic can be chopped quite small and added to your jar for its antibiotic properties as well as to strengthen your immune system.
- Add as much cayenne pepper to the mixture as you can handle as well as a bit of honey to taste if the mixture is too strong for you. I prefer to drink my tea without any sweetener, but honey is much better than sugar, if you choose to add any.
- When your ginger has sufficiently decocted into the water, pour it into the jar with everything else and put the lid on. It is important to keep the lid on if you want all of the good ingredients to steep properly and release their healing properties.
Enjoy! Drink up, eat the bits at the bottom of the jar, if you wish, and/or add more hot water a few times if you want to. Healing your body should be fun, comforting, and delicous. Make sure to keep on the ball if you feel your body losing its normal level of health and keep up with the strengthening teas, vitamin c, as well as staying hydrated and getting plenty of rest. Your whole system will thank you!
The Health Center