Stepping toward Orientation
Step One — CampusWEB Information
Thank you for choosing Warren Wilson College! Now that you’ve been accepted as a Warren Wilson College student, we still need to gather some important information from you before Orientation Week. The process to complete online forms will take a total of about 15-30 minutes. It will be helpful to have your address and insurance information handy.
After you've deposited, you will receive a deposit receipt email with instructions. Using the login ID and PIN provided to you in your deposit receipt email, please follow these instructions.
- Login to CampusWEB
- Change your PIN on the Change Expired PIN web page (see example).
- With your new PIN, access CampusWEB again and complete the following information in the CampusWEB Student page (see example) at the menu of links on the left:
-My Parent Access: this section gives your parent/guardian permission to access and complete information on your behalf such as billing, financial aid and your course schedule, grades, transcript and advisor.
-My Addresses: this section is where you must complete your permanent address, parent/guardian information, your billing address, and Emergency Contact Information.
ATTENTION: In this section, please have your insurance information ready. Also, Emergency Contact and Billing Information is required in order to register for classes. For those wishing to mail payments to the College, be sure to enter a current mailing address where invoices can be sent. For those wishing to make electronic payments to the College, be sure to enter a current email address where invoices can be emailed. Visit the Accounting Office website for questions about meal plans, office hours, billing, and payment agreement forms and information.
- New Student Information Questionnaire: Login to CampusWEB (or login and go directly) and completely fill out the New Student Information Questionnaire (see example questions). The questionnaire includes questions and information on the following topics:
- Refund & Withdrawal Policy, Payment Policy & Billing (visit Accounting for additional questions)
- Work Program
- Service Program: New Student Service Agreement (new students must login and complete this form in order to participate in service opportunities)
- Housing Office: Your response to questions assists with dorm and roommate placements. NOTE: You will be notified of dorm and roommate assignments through the CampusWEB portal.
If you do not know your login ID or PIN or you're having trouble logging in, please contact the Admissions Office immediately by calling 800-934-3536 and asking for your admission counselor.
Tuition Management System: To help you afford education expenses, Warren Wilson College is pleased to make the services of Tuition Management Systems available to you and your family. Tuition Management Systems' Interest-Free Monthly Payment Option allows you to spread your education expenses over smaller monthly installments for only a small enrollment fee. There is no interest and no pre-qualification or credit check for this service. With this payment plan you have 24-hour access to account information through Tuition Management Systems' web site, toll-free automated account information, and personal account service Monday through Saturday. Education Payment Partners are available to help you determine the best payment option for your education costs. For more information on your specific payment options or to enroll in the Interest-Free Monthly Payment Plan, visit Tuition Management Systems' web site or call 1-800-722-4867 and speak with an Education Payment Partner.
Step Two — Student Health Record
- Student Health Record- download this form.
- Print the form and complete your portion.
- Take the form to your physician to complete the remaining portion.
- Either mail or fax the form to the WWC Health Center.
ATTENTION: You can not attend Orientation or register for classes without this form completed and submitted by the deadline below. North Carolina has very strict laws concerning immunizations, so please make sure that your doctor includes every immunization you’ve had.
Deadline for Fall Health Record Submissions: August 1
Deadline for Spring Health Record Submissions: December 31
Warren Wilson College
Health Center — WWC #6256
P.O. Box 9000
Asheville, NC 28815-9000
Fax Number: 828-298-2225
Step Three — Work Forms and Information
Before you begin working at Warren Wilson, the following tax forms need to be completed. If you would like to consult with your family CPA before bringing these forms to Orientation, please print them out and begin working on them now. Either way, we will complete them with you during the check-in process at Orientation:
In addition to these forms, we need to see the following original, unexpired forms documentation at the first day of Orientation:
- Passport -OR-
- Birth Certificate AND Valid ID (state-issued ID, student ID) -OR-
- Social Security Card AND Valid ID (state-issued ID, student ID)
Remember to bring your documentation to Orientation!
Remember to fill out the Work & Service Form on CampusWeb!
We are excited to see you in August!
ATTENTION: Students cannot work for the College until all of their tax information is complete. For the I-9 form to be considered complete, students must present the forms of original identification highlighted above at Orientation. WE CANNOT ACCEPT EXPIRED IDENTIFICATION, PHOTOCOPIES, SCANS, OR FAXES. A complete list of acceptable documentation and identification are available here and in page 9 of the I-9 download.
Contact the Work Program Office:
Step Four — Periodic Updates
Be sure to check your CampusWEB for special notices, access to class registration, and Housing information. Additionally, often check your postal mail, email and visit this website for periodic updates on the following:
- *First Year Experience (FYE) Online Survey: The online web link is distributed via email for new students entering the Fall semester only. This survey helps us determine Housing and First Year Seminar course placement. To read the descriptions of the First Year Seminar courses offered, please visit this link. Survey due by June 15.
- Housing and Mailbox information: Check in periodically to find Housing information. Your campus mailbox number will appear directly underneath the Student Housing Information (see example). Roommate name and email link is displayed once your data has been entered into the system.
- Orientation information and detailed schedules (visit this link).
- * Placement Exams: Placement Exams are available online and accessible during the summer after the student's WWC email has been set up. Information about Placement Exams will be mailed by the Director of Academic Advising. All students are required to take the Math Placement Exam. The Chemistry Placement Exam is required for Environmental Studies and science majors. The Language Placement Exam is highly recommended for students who have studied or have familiarity with French or Spanish languages.
- Course registration: For first year students, registration takes place during Orientation week. Transfer students and readmits register for classes before Orientation. Information about registration will be mailed by the Director of Academic Advising. Visit the Orientation Schedules and Information page periodcially and also the Registrar's Office FAQ page for other answers to questions about course registration and changes.
Step Five — Orientation
YOU'RE ALMOST HERE! The preliminary work has been done and now Orientation is upon us. Visit Orientation Schedules and Information and Frequently Asked Questions pages often to find answers to questions about:
- Orientation events, times, and locations.
- Arriving for Orientation — what to bring and what not bring checklist.
- Shuttle services from Asheville Regional Airport or other transportation options.
- Lodging information, how to get here and where to go once you’re here.
And Don’t Forget!
Students must bring two forms of original identification to Orientation. Acceptable forms of ID include a driver’s license, passport, social security card, birth certificate, military ID, or state ID (see Step 3 - Work Forms).
Step Six — Now that You Are Here
Follow the Orientation Schedules, relax, and most important....HAVE FUN!
Welcome to Warren Wilson College!