Physical Science Journal Questions for Week 11
Questions due on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 Either e-mail or
1. A 100 watt lamp is wired with a dimmer switch in series with
the lamp. The whole circuit is designed to operate at 120
Volts. When the resistance of the dimmer resistance equals the
resistance of the lamp, calculate the total power. Hint:
calculate the current with and without the dimmer.
2. What happens in the simple telescope image if a triangle
aperture is placed on the main lens?
3. Light is passed through a yellow filter. The light is
then analyzed as to the colors contained in the yellow light.
What colors are present in the yellow light?
4. Blue light and red light are mixed. What is the
5. What is the rule for mixing pigments? See the applet: http://webphysics.ph.msstate.edu/jc/library/30-7/index.html