M.F.A. Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pennsylvania
B.F.A. Stephens College, Columbia, Missouri
A.A. Fullerton College, Fullerton, California
Vice President of Advancement, Admission and Marketing, July 2010 - Present Dean of Admission and Director of Marketing, January 1996 - July 2010 Director of Admission, May 1994 - January 1996 Chair, Performing Arts, August 1985 - May 1987 & August 1989 - May 1994 General Manager, May 1987 - August 1989 “More Soap and Suds: Small College Marketing.” Nineteenth National Small College Enrollment Conference, Richmond, VA, July 2007 “Beer & Laundry Detergent: Small College Marketing.” Eighteenth National Small College Enrollment Conference, Louisville, KY, July 2006 Warren Wilson College Asheville, North Carolina Stephens College Columbia, Missouri
Warren Wilson College, Asheville, NC
• Newly created position combining the Dean of Admission & Director of Marketing, with the Vice President for Advancement.
• Responsible for all advancement, alumni, development, recruitment, admission, marketing, and communication strategies and activities for the College.
Warren Wilson College, Asheville, NC
• Responsible for the recruitment and admission of students to this private liberal arts work college.
• Oversee publication design, direct mail flow, web design, advertising, recruitment video production, and database management.
• Lead an admission staff of five admission counselors, two office staff, and 10 student crew workers.
• Manage three marketing staff: Web Director, Media Relations Director, and Communications Director.
• Administers a $950,000 budget.
• Report directly to the President and serve as a senior administrator of the College, especially in issues of enrollment, retention, and marketing.
• Work closely with the Vice President for Business on financial aid strategies.
• Travel nationally and internationally: Japan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Puerto Rico.
• Instituted a comprehensive trend and historical data analysis of enrollment patterns at the College.
• Oversaw an enrollment increase from 500 in the mid 1996 to low 900’s in 2008. Applications doubled from 470 to over 1,000, enhanced by an increase in the academic profile of the enrolling students during that same time period.
Stephens College, Columbia, MO
• Orchestrated a comprehensive national recruitment effort for this private women's college.
• Oversaw telecounseling program, direct mail campaigns, print and electronic advertising, database management, three annual preview day events, and a national honors scholarship competition.
• Conducted market research and historical analysis using EMAS software.
• Collaborated with Publications Office on design of annual print campaigns.
• Shared responsibility with the Alumnae Programs Office for a national volunteer recruitment effort.
• Worked closely with the Vice President for Finance and Business on financial aid strategies.
• Led staff of five admission officers, five support staff members, and 16 student workers.
• Administered a $700,000 budget.
• Traveled nationally.
• In first year, increased inquiries and applications over previous year.
Stephens College, Columbia, MO
• Served as academic and artistic leader of combined areas of dance, theatre, and music.
• Oversaw academic direction and administered a $500,000 budget, 15 faculty and six staff members, on-campus performance seasons and three simultaneous summer programs.
• Hired up to eight guest artists each year.
• Helped place students in graduate school and professional work.
• Worked extensively with Admission Office on recruitment of students.
• Increased enrollment in department from 45 to 85 students over a six-year period.
• Also served as Promotion Director, responsible for design of posters, brochures, print and electronic advertising.
• Worked with Development Office on scholarship fund-raising and grant maintenance.
• Introduced new programs such as a children's theatre company, an all-encompassing performance season and a pilot summer theatre for graduates at Marriott's Tan-Tar-A Resort.
American Heartland Theatre, Kansas City, MO
Responsible for total operation of year-round equity regional theatre, producing eight plays, each running five to eight weeks. Located in Hallmark Cards' Crown Center complex, this 450-seat theatre housed a rehearsal hall, costume shop, lobby, bar and offices with a full-time staff of 25. Negotiated contracts with guest designers, directors and performers, worked with Artistic Director on script selection and casting. Also served as Marketing Director for eight months, overseeing public relations, group sales, telemarketing and advertising efforts.
Director, School of the Arts (concurrent with Performing Arts Chair), Stephens College, Columbia, MO
Faculty Member, Theater Promotions Director: Stephens College, Columbia, MO
Faculty Member, Theatre Technical Director: Stephens College, Columbia, MO
Served as Co-Director of Development, Stephens College (Acting for 9 months)
Technical Director, Utah Shakespearean Festival, Cedar City, UT
General Manager, Marriott's Mainstage Theatre, Tan-Tar-A Resort, Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Technical Director, Okoboji Summer Theatre, Spirit Lake, IA
Stage Manager/Technician, John Wayne Theatre, Knott’s Berry Farm, Buena Park, CA
Technician, Greek Theatre, Anaheim, CA
The Washington Center for Internships. Winter 2002 and Winter 2006. Conducted an audit and worked with the leadership and staff on a variety of recruitment strategies. Produced a published report containing focused recommendations.
PRESENTATIONS AND PANELS
COMMUNITY BOARD MEMBERSHIPS
Vice-Chair and Chair, Pack Place Performing Arts Board of Directors aka: Diana Wortham Theatre, Asheville, NC
Communications Chair, First United Church of Christ, Asheville, NC
Chair, Kansas City Theatre Association (co-founder), Kansas City, MO
President, Park Hill Improvement Association, Columbia, MO
Chair, Missouri State Theatre Association (organization of college theatre departments)
College Prep Counselor, Project Steam (after-school youth program volunteer), Asheville, NC
Marketing/Recruitment Task Force, North Carolina Outward Bound, (board appointed task force)
Member, Mayor's Task Force on the Arts, Columbia, MO
COLLEGE COMMITTEES / ACTIVITIES
Chair, V.P. for Advancement Search, Warren Wilson College
Member, Presidential Search Committee, Warren Wilson College
Retention Committee, Warren Wilson College
Planning and Budget Committee, Stephens College
Women's Studies Task Force, Stephens College
Admission Committee, Stephens College
Coordinator, Honors Convocation, Stephens College
Chair, Outstanding Alumnae Award Committee, Stephens College
Historic Senior Hall Building Committee, Stephens College
Playhouse Building Committee, Stephens College
Task Force on Reward and Recognition of Teaching, Stephens College
Dean of Admission and Director of Marketing, January 1996 - July 2010
Director of Admission, May 1994 - January 1996
Chair, Performing Arts, August 1985 - May 1987 & August 1989 - May 1994
General Manager, May 1987 - August 1989
“More Soap and Suds: Small College Marketing.”
Nineteenth National Small College Enrollment Conference,
Richmond, VA, July 2007
“Beer & Laundry Detergent: Small College Marketing.”
Eighteenth National Small College Enrollment Conference,
Louisville, KY, July 2006
Warren Wilson College
Asheville, North Carolina