The RISE Project
Education Zines and Publications Get Involved More Information - Links - Articles
Zines and Publications
These are the different birth control options you have to decide from:
You can compare the effectiveness of each form of birth control here.
Birth control is available for a fee through our campus Health Center (828.771.2053) and Planned Parenthood (828.252.7928), and for free through the Buncombe County Health Center (828.250.5000). Some insurance agancies will pay for birth control. In order to get a perscription for birth control, you will need to get a pap smear which is also available at all these places.
Condoms and dental dams are offered for free by the college. You can find them in several different places:
* Bathrooms. Most, if not all, bathrooms in your dorm should have condoms and dental dams. If not, you can contact your RA or RD to put more out.
* RA's and RD's are responsible for keeping a check on the supply. If you can't find any in the dorm, please let one of them know.
* The Health Center is the central location of the condom and dental dam supply. Students can pick items up there, and in the RISE Project Office on the first floor of Dodge.
*Also known as the morning after pill and Plan B, EC can help prevent pregnancy up to five days after unprotected sex. However, it is most effective if taken within 72 hours of having unprotected sex.
You may choose to use EC if:
*EC should not be used as a form of birth control. It is for emergencies only. It is safe an effective but may have short term side effects which may include nausea, vomiting, or spotting.
*EC is not an abortion pill. If you are already pregnant, it will not cause a miscarrage. EC prevents pregnancy from occuring in the first place.
*EC is available for $20 at our Campus Health Center. You can also get it from Planned Parenthood or over the counter from most pharmacies.
62 Orange St828.255.8400Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm; Sat 8:00am-12:00pm
Offers two types of abortion services:
1) The abortion pill: can be used up to the 7th week of pregnancy (7 weeks since your last period).
2) Surgical abortion: is provided up to 12 weeks of pregnancy.
*The decision to have an abortion can be a hard one to make. Know that you have people to go to for information and support:
1) Warren Wilson Counseling Center: Open M-F 8:30am-12pm and 1:00-5:00pm and is located in the Health Center. To contact a counsler, go to this link.
2) RISE Crew: Located in Dodge House, First Floor. The RISE office is open to all Warren Wilson community members. You can meet with the RISE Director by making at appt via email at: email@example.com.