Sustainability Advisory Committee on Energy and Environment (SACEE)
- Asheville City Council created the SACEE in 2006.
- The council defines community sustainability as encompassing the triple bottom lines of Fiscal Responsibility, Social Responsibility, and Environmental Stewardship.
- They are governed by their goals of Policy Guidance, Education, and Partnership.
Why it Matters
- Currently SACEE is working on a city light ordinance which will reduce light pollution and wasted energy in the Asheville area.
- Each year the committee reassesses its goals and progress.
- In the past they have developed policies to incentivize energy efficiency and green economic development.
Other Partner Organizations
Contact SACEE via Maggie Ullman in the Asheville Office of Sustainability, MUllman@ashevillenc.gov
Now use this information plus your passion to MAKE CHANGES