Points of Engagement & Growth (PEG) 1:
Explore and clarify interests, passions, skills and values.
Overview of PEG 1: Includes Requirements and Deadlines.
Suggestions for Service Opportunities for PEG 1:
Complete the survey after you have submitted at least 25 hours of service.
Examples for PEG 1:
In addition to participating in the group reflection in the first year seminar or offered through the service program and submitting the individual reflection, students completed the following service to complete PEG 1:
Student A – Sampling Activities in a number of different issues.
- 6 hours – OR Service Day, Artspace Charter School
- 4 hours – With class, INSULATE
- 2 hours – Weekly through the Service Program (SP), AHOPE day shelter
- 3 hours – One-time on your own, Animal Compassion Network
- 4 hours – One-time service through SP, Blue Ridge Pride Festival
- 3 hours – Weekly through the SP, Lord’s Acre Community Garden
- 3 hours – One-time service through SP, Red Cross Blood Drive
Student B – Sampling activities within one issue area.
- 6 hours – OR Service Day, MANNA Foodbank
- 4 hours – Service with campus organization, Food Not Bombs
- 15 hours – Weekly through SP, Black Mountain Community Garden
Student C – Service that includes course based service in the FYS.
- 6 hours – OR Service Day, Swannanoa Community Garden
- 8 hours - Service with FYS class, Swannanoa Community Garden
- 4 hours – Service with FYS class, Swannanoa River clean-up event
- 2 hours – Service with residence hall group, MANNA Foodbank
Student D – Involvement with 1 program.
- 6 hours – OR Service Day, Vance Elementary School
- 24 hours – Weekly through SP, Kids on Campus