Work Program Funds

The Work Program Office offers financial support for student work crew members and supervisors to participate in development opportunities. These opportunities range from taking continuing education classes to giving presentations at national conferences, attending expos and participating in skill enhancing workshops.


Federal Work Study Funds are used to make up the Work Program Funding. This money provided by the government is used to promote the work-study experience as a tool in your education. The Work Program Office is interested in knowing how the development event will help you to integrate your specific work, academic and/or service learning experience.

The Work Program Office funds can be used to cover registration, transportation, food and lodging for these events.


All funding requests must be received at least two weeks prior to the event or the latest registration date.



How to apply for funds

Step 1. Complete form


Step 2. Submit form

Forms must be completed at least 2 weeks prior to the event!

Email completed forms to:

Ellen Graves -

or put forms in campus mail box #6325.


Step 3. Complete reflection

After returning from the event, each participant is required to write a reflection. Reflections are due to the Work Program Office within two weeks of returning from the event.

Why write a reflection? Part of the Work Program Funds come from federal money and all federal money received and dispensed by the College is subject to federal audits. These audits need to find evidence that the federal dollars were spent on authorized programs. Reflections on the educational value of the program attended will establish that the money was spent appropriately.


Do you have questions about receiving funding?

Contact Ellen Graves through email at or by phone at 828-771-3018.