SPECIAL ADVISING AREA
More than the Peace Corps
While the Peace Corps may be the best-known service organization Warren Wilson graduates join when they graduate, they have also regularly serve with:
- The Fellowship of International Reconciliation
- Green Corps
- The Mennonite Central Committee
- Justice Corps
A Distinctive Application
Crafting a competitive application to non-profit and government organizations becomes easy when you share your experiences in our Community Engagement program. Because our Community Engagement experiences deepen over your four years at Warren Wilson, you will have demonstrated abilities in not only volunteering, but contributing to a non-profit organization on a significant level.
Your application could highlight:
- the Break Trip you organize through our Community Engagement program, here you’ll follow in the footsteps of students like Ayla Rand, ’17, who designed a Break Trip exploring Choreographies of Activism and the Environment;
- your experience digging in to one of our five Issue Areas, like Food Security or Youth & Education;
- work experience on our Bonner Leadership Crew, where you take a leadership role on campus.
Our world need passionate, focused and effective community leaders.
We’re here to help you be one.
Our nationally recognized Career Services team is there to support your application every step of the way. They will work with you as early as your freshmen year to help you identify experiences and opportunities through our Work and Community Engagement programs that will highlight your skills, interests and abilities. By the time you apply, you will have a portfolio of relevant experiences, letters of recommendation from faculty and community partners who know you, and a Career Services team cheering you on.