How to Apply – Common FAFSA Errors
- The FAFSA has not been signed by both the applicant and the parent using their PIN.
- Incorrectly entered Social Security number results in a non-match with the Social Security Administration’s records.
- Both the student and the parent included the student in “Number of Exemptions Claimed”.
- Student incorrectly indicates that he or she is in legal guardianship. Legal guardianship is a legal proceeding by which an individual other than a minor child’s parent is made responsible for that child’s custody and care.
- WWC has not been listed to receive the FAFSA results! Our school code is 002979.
Here are some further resources for checking your FAFSA:
- Extensive listing of FAFSA Tips and Common Mistakes
- Common Errors on Financial Aid Applications
- Common Mistakes To Avoid When Completing The FAFSA
- NASFAA Offers Resources to Help Students & Families