Congratulations & Welcome!
Still deciding on WWC?
Steps to Orientation
|DEADLINE: AUGUST 1, 2017|
|Complete all items due by August 1! Details below…|
In the coming weeks and months, you are going to be asked to do A LOT of important things that will help ensure you start your Warren Wilson experience off right. This information will come primarily in the form of three packets.
Download PDF (9MB)
(Your personalized copy was mailed with important information inside.
(Your personalized copy was mailed with your bill inside.)
New Student Master Checklist
Check back here soon — we’re going to be adding items!
DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2017
- Complete your Housing Application (Student Life Guide)
DEADLINE: JUNE 15, 2017
- Setup password management & WWC email address (Guide to Advising, Registration &
Having trouble? You can call our Computing Services Helpdesk directly at 828-771-3094.
- Pick first and second choices for your First Year Seminar (Guide to Advising, Registration &
- Complete the Work Crew Application (Guide to Advising, Registration &
- Complete the Community Engagement Survey (Guide to Advising, Registration &
- Complete the Academic Survey (for First-Year Students or for Transfer Students)
DEADLINE: JULY 1, 2017
- Pay your bill (The WWC Billing & Payment Guide)
- Complete Placement Tests (Guide to Advising, Registration &
- All students must complete the Math placement test. Chemistry and Language are required for certain programs of study — see the Guide to Advising, Registration & Academic Support for more information.
- Login to WWC’s Online Course Management (“Moodle”) with your username and password. (Note that your temporary username and password were mailed to you with the Guide to Advising, Registration & Academic Support. If you are having trouble with your password, you can call our Computing Services Helpdesk directly at 828-771-3094.)
- Click the link for “Placement Tests” in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Click the link for the test you wish to take and follow the instructions provided — good luck!
DEADLINE: AUGUST 1, 2017
- Return your completed Health Record & Immunization Record (Student Life Guide)
ORIENTATION: AUGUST 23, 2017
- It’s time to come to college! Make your travel plans, and start your time at Warren Wilson off with our new student orientation, which starts the morning of Wednesday, August 23.
Does all this feel a little overwhelming?
Don’t worry. We’ll be right alongside you every step of the way. Not sure where you are in the process? Check in with your admission counselor anytime.
Warren Wilson College Office of Admission: 800.934.3536 / email@example.com
Evaluating & Committing to Warren Wilson
Congratulations again on your admission to Warren Wilson College! There are many things to consider as you decide whether or not Warren Wilson is right for you. We suggest the following:
Visit: Even if it’s your second or third time, a visit is the best way to get the feel for what Warren Wilson has to offer. Take a student-led tour, participate in classes and join in on campus activities. Schedule a visit.
Financial Aid: The first step in receiving a financial aid award is to file the FAFSA. If you have any questions about filing the FAFSA, your eligibility, or your award, please reach out to the Financial Aid office at 800-934-3526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships: Scholarships are awarded upon your admission to the College. You do not need to fill out additional forms and there is no separate deadline. For questions about our scholarships, please contact your admission counselor. If you receive an outside (non-WWC) scholarship, please inform us by contacting our Financial Aid office, 800-934-3536 or email email@example.com.
Join us: Become a part of the Warren Wilson College Fall 2017 Incoming Class, get to know the other accepted students and ask questions on Facebook. You may also join a group for a previous year (if you are graduating before 2021).
Talk to a current student: Our admission office consists of students who would love to talk or email you about their WWC experience. They will give you their honest opinion and nothing is scripted. Just call 800-934-3536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you made your decision about WWC?
Reserve your place now by making a deposit. The deadline is midnight, May 1st. Your $300 deposit may be made before this date in one of three ways:
- Send a check in the mail made payable to: Warren Wilson College. Send it to the Office of Admission, PO Box 9000, Asheville, NC 28815-9000. Please put the student’s name on the memo section of the check. You’ll receive a confirmation email when we receive it.
- Call us at 800-934-3536 or 828-771-2026. We can take your debit, Visa or Mastercard over the phone. We’ll email a confirmation to the student’s email.
Note that the deposit is non-refundable.
Defer: Ecstatic about your acceptance but determined to take a gap year, work, or travel? We are happy to defer your admission for a semester or year. To do so you must pay your deposit and then contact your admission counselor to request a deferral. If your request for deferral is approved, your deposit will hold your spot for the semester you choose to join us.
Withdraw: Please call 800-934-3536 to discuss or email your counselor. We’re sad to see you go, but we do understand. We’d love to know which college you did choose and why, or why not WWC?
After you deposit
You’re on your way to new student orientation and some of the most exciting years of your life! Have a look at the information at the top of this page and watch your mailbox for information about next steps.