A Destination for Transfer Students
Transfer students come to Warren Wilson College because they have experienced other schools, from community colleges to other four-year colleges and universities, and they are looking for something more from their education. Our experiential program—integrating liberal arts, community engagement, and meaningful work on campus—will give you the hands-on skills you crave and the confidence that comes with not just learning, but doing.
At Warren Wilson College, we holistically review the materials in your application and consider all available information. Admission decisions are based on both your potential and your academic qualifications.
Generally, to be considered a transfer student, the following requirements must be met:
- Possess a high school diploma (or GED equivalency) at the time of your application.
- Complete (or be in the process of completing) at least 12 credits of transferable college-level credit after completing high school.
- Be in good academic standing at your current (or most recent) college or university.
The average transfer Grade Point Average (GPA) for admitted students is 3.5, though we have admitted transfer students with GPAs ranging from 2.5 to 4.0, depending on their other qualifications. For some transfer students, we may ask to review high school transcripts to assess academic potential.
To learn about admission requirements in more detail, please read the admission policies in the College Catalog.
If you are an international transfer student, please visit the International Student Admissions page for details on how to apply. Application deadlines and requirements are different for international transfer students.
Warren Wilson College grants transfer credit for any comparable college-level courses in which you have earned a “C-” or better. Courses graded on a Pass/Fail or Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis do not transfer. Warren Wilson accepts a maximum of 64 credits from two-year college programs. The grades that you earned in transfer courses do not affect your grade point average (GPA) at Warren Wilson.
To learn about transfer credit in more detail, please read the section on “College Credit from Other Institutions” in the College Catalog.
General Transfer Process
- Submit your application and all supporting materials. Note the application deadlines below. (For details on what supporting materials are required, see below.)
- We will review your application once it is complete with all required documentation. You will receive an admission decision within two weeks of completing your application.
- We send admitted transfer students a transfer credit evaluation, which will explain what academic requirements your credits will fulfill at Warren Wilson.
- We strongly recommend our pre-enrollment major advising for students who transfer greater than 40 credit hours. Advising is also available for any student ready to declare a major.
- To secure your place at Warren Wilson College and commit to enrolling, pay your $300 enrollment deposit.
Transfer Student Deadlines
Students receive an admission decision by December 1
Admission Deposit Deadline: December 9
Students receive an admission decision by July 30
Admission Deposit Deadline: August 1
International Students: Please note that application deadlines and requirements are different for international transfer students. See the International Student Admissions page for details.