Career Development is part of the Center for Integrated Advising and Careers. All of the offices in the Center work together to support students in being successful at Warren Wilson and achieving their goals.
Top Ten Career Services
Warren Wilson College is ranked No. 6 overall in Princeton’s Reviews 2018 list of schools with “Best Career Services.”
How do we provide such outstanding support? We link career preparation with all facets of our curriculum via our holistic approach to advising. It all begins with the four L’s.
- Learn: Staff come into the classroom to help students make the connections from the liberal arts programs to exciting careers and graduate school.
- Leverage: Staff work with students to build relationships to find summer work opportunities, internships, fellowships, and alumni networking opportunities – all are part of the package for every student.
- Launch: Staff support students to develop resumes, apply for jobs and practice interviews.
- Land: We don’t quit when you graduate – staff help manage the transition to the professional world, share your successes with new students.
Interested in learning more about an occupation? Eager to find alumni who are working internationally? Hoping to start your own business? Through your OWLink Profile, you’ll connect with our network of alumni and friends who want to help you learn, connect, explore, and succeed.
You will also have the opportunity to build your network through on-campus programming, including:
- Summer JAM
- Alumni Connection Socials
- Industry panels
- Graduate school fairs
One of the things that I learned from Warren Wilson that I took with me throughout my career was the work ethic.Nate Gazaway '00
Nate Gazaway ’00 is Vice President of Global Customer Success at Veeva Systems, a software development firm for the Global Life Sciences industry. As a student at Warren Wilson, he served on the Landscaping Crew and the Tree Crew. He went on to work at a landscaping company in Atlanta where he learned the software logistics program that led to his current role as a Senior Leader in a large software development firm.