Search
Login

Warren Wilson College’s new president hits the ground running

Lynn Morton launches Instagram account

Breakfast with the student crew…the Summer Squad. First meeting at Warren Wilson College.

A post shared by President Lynn Morton (@warrenwilsonpresident) on

As her first official act as Warren Wilson College’s new president, Lynn Morton joined Instagram. With the handle @WarrenWilsonPresident, the College’s eighth leader hopes it will become a more informal way for the campus and world to get to know her and the College.

“Many of our student work crews have accounts, and they really show you what a day in the life of a student looks like,” said Morton. “So, I have decided to take a page out of their book and launch my own Instagram account.”

Morton made the announcement Monday afternoon in her first email to campus.

“I humbly ask you to follow me @WarrenWilsonPresident. You’ll see my first photos come from this morning’s breakfast and my trip to meet the Horse Crew (including Doc and Dan),” she wrote to students and colleagues.

The new president also gave the campus an update on ongoing construction projects.

“I expected the day to be a little quieter with the 4th of July holiday coming tomorrow. But I was quickly reminded that it is impossible this summer with all of the ongoing construction projects,” she admitted. “Since many of you are away for the summer, I think a video is the best way to show you the progress. Please take two minutes to watch it. I hope it excites you about the campus improvements and gives you something else to look forward to in August.”

The video features improvements to Sage and Schafer residence halls, the blacksmith shop and campus security.

In closing her first note to campus, Morton emphasized her feelings about Warren Wilson College.

“I am proud to be a part of this community,” she concluded. “I love the campus, the mountains and this valley so much. And I can’t wait to get started on all of the exciting plans ahead. I wish you all a Happy 4th of July.”

To get an insider’s look at construction projects at Warren Wilson College, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cURGqnNKOcQ.

To view posts from Lynn Morton’s new Instagram account, visit http://www.warren-wilson.edu/about/leadership-and-governance/president/lynn-morton-on-instagram.