Points of Engagement & Growth (PEG) 2
Understanding of Complex Issues:
Examine why a social/environmental issue exists and how service addresses it.
- Participate in a PEG 2 designated course, issue workshop, break trip or weekly.
Create Your Own PEG 2 Experience – complete all of the following components:
- Participate in a course/workshop/training on or off campus that explores an issue. This might be at least three hour long speakers/educational programs or one longer (half or full day) workshop or training. The service program can help to identify opportunities and if none are available, we can work with you to develop independent research to inform your service.
- Complete 25 hours of service in one issue area related to educational experience.
- Reflect on your service experience and what you have learned about the issue and submit to PEG 2 Moodle following this prompt: “Considering the education and service you have completed for PEG 2, identify your chosen issue area, describe/demonstrate what you have learned about why your issue exists, how it is connected to other social/environmental issues and how your service seeks to address it.”
- Complete a PEG 2 online survey to reflect on learning.
Deadline: By second semester of junior year. All components must be completed before registration for senior year.
Suggestions for Service Opportunities for PEG 2:
- Issue Workshops
- Break Trips
- Service Learning PEG 2 designated courses (list available on the SPO website).
- Weeklies with ongoing education and reflection. See Issue Areas or Calendar.
- Summer independent service projects.